Kaodim cleaners 838x1024
Thumb circle red small

No one really has the time to juggle work, kids and chores all at once. It’s stressful for the average parent to return from a long day at work to a messy house with dirty dishes in the sink and a huge pile of laundry waiting to be done.

Two weeks ago, The Star announced that Indonesia might no longer allow its women to work as live-in maids in foreign countries as of next year. Maids will soon be employed with fixed working hours and will be responsible for their own housing and expenses. Understandably, many Malaysians have expressed their concerns, now that the privilege of having live-in Indonesian maids might be taken away.

Not to worry, we have a solution. Based on our research, it’s actually a lot more economical and practical to hire professional cleaning services as compared to maids. Read on to find out why.

Cost Breakdown

Hiring a cleaning company saves you tons of money. You pay the cleaners an hourly fee, and each session consists of 3 hours per week, assuming you hire your cleaners for 3 hours each week. On the contrary, the minimum monthly salary for an Indonesian maid is RM 1,000, excluding personal expenses. On top of that, employers have to pay RM 1,800 upfront for the maid’s training fees, plus another RM 6,000 for Malaysian and Indonesian recruitment agency fees. Bottom line: it’s expensive.

No Live-in Expenses Required

Cleaners won’t affect your utility or grocery bills the way a live-in maid would. Apart from allocating a room, you’re basically sponsoring your extra housemate.

No Training Required

Many employers have complained that they still had to train their maids at home despite already paying a lump sum for their training fees. On the other hand, professional cleaners are already adequately trained before they enter your home.

Trusting Your Cleaner

As much as you might have cross-checked your maid’s background and her agency, it’s still a fact that you have a stranger living in your house. It all boils down to this: how much do you trust your maid? Kaodim has a selection of trusted cleaning services, such as Aman Success, known for being very reliable and easy to work with. Some customers leave their house keys with them, knowing fully well that the cleaners at Aman Success are dependable individuals with strong values.

You Need Your Privacy

Having live-in maids means a higher chance of privacy invasion. With cleaning companies, cleaners just swing by for a few hours, clean your place and leave you to your peace. Oh, and you won’t have to worry about someone eavesdropping on your conversations.

No Runaway Maids!

It’s frustrating when you pour so much money and commitment into hiring a maid, only to have her run away several months later. This is an unfortunately common situation in Malaysia. When you go for cleaning companies, you won’t have to worry about your cleaners taking off.

Cleaners Are Best At What They Do

Most people assume that maids are excellent cleaners, but that’s not always the case. Professional cleaners have been expertly trained to understand how to match cleaning solutions to the appropriate surfaces, or the most effective way to clean the entire house under three hours.

Pay For Service, Not Supplies

Cleaners are already equipped with proper cleaning supplies, so you won’t have to fork out extra money acquiring good equipment. If you have a maid, you would definitely need to shop for the relevant cleaning tools, which will cost a bomb. Have we mentioned ít’s expensive?

For more information on cleaning companies, submit a request on www.Kaodim.com. Kaodim has a selection of top cleaning professionals who will get the job done well at reasonable rates. Or if you’re a cleaning company yourself, we would love to hear from you too!

--

Kaodim (https://www.kaodim.com) matches you with vetted and verified contractors, plumbers, electricians, personal trainers, and almost any other type of service providers. Receive customised quotations, personalised profiles and user reviews to hire with confidence.

SHARE THIS TOPIC

James bond craig junio2006 small

I rather use daily cleaning services than to employ a full time maid anyway. They are give me so much of headaches such as runaway, stealing money, expensive agency fees, etc. I rather use the daily. Lesser commitment and agency fees.

Thumb circle red small

@ppnnkk2011 @james_bob yes we can definitely see the needs shifting towards part time maids.. it's cheaper too anyway! 

Pic small

For cleaning maid, i am more concern about my stuff getting stolen (as i have past experience on things got stolen after hiring part time maid)

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@kaodim good sharing