Managing Director and Founder of DK Group, Mr. Danny Koek Tiang Kung. Image from: DK Group

For many, 2020 has been a difficult year, and the present state of intermittent lockdowns and social distancing has culminated in greater outdoor appreciation. DK-MY Properties is committed to introducing green policies and integrating their work with sustainable practices. In a world bristling with questions about environmental sustainability and climate change, as a corporate accountable organisation, DK-MY Properties has taken it upon themselves to restore and beautify the landscape at Cheras Hill.

Green efforts are not only in effect for today, there is a need for sustainability to protect the land for decades to come. While many of the market's green initiatives concentrate on post-construction, DK-MY Properties goes a step further, bringing biodiversity right from the start into their hands. DK-MY Properties upcoming project at Cheras Hill is the embodiment of sustainable living, working with relevant experts and authorities to meticulously plan and design to complement the existing landscape without affecting the ecosystem surrounding it. DK-MY Properties aims to create a more captivating experience by creating scenic lookout points and refurbishing existing hiking trails for the community and nature lovers.

Managing Director and founder of DK Group, Danny Koek said, “We intend to provide value-added recreational experience to the community that is living within the vicinity of Cheras Hill and to restore the beauty of mother nature that has to offer. As an independent and responsible developer, DK-MY Properties is planning to create iconic sculptures at the very top of the hill by studying the natural topography of the land, integrate the natural with the manmade, merging seamlessly with the landscape“, he added.

The future plan of DK-MY Properties is to have a development that is intricately built with greenery, to be one with the natural sense and Genius Loci of the place and, providing plenty of natural lighting and views. The dedication to the greening of spaces that endorses a balanced lifestyle is also prevalent in common and shared spaces, which have been carefully curated to lure residents and visitors to engage with the outdoors.

A community space and a hill-course jogging track that links the residences, outdoors across the entire development, are also planned. Plantations and community gardening further promote the lifestyle of the community and oozes a more enjoyable rural or urban escape experience. “DK-MY Properties strives to be a community-centric developer that provides significant and memorable experience for nature lovers comprising of all ages, by utilizing and improving the natural and iconic jungle trails at Cheras Hill“ – Danny Koek added. Cheras Hill is set to be more than a roof over your head, it is a place that seamlessly connects the environment and enriches life whilst providing a meaningful nature sanctuary living experience. 

(10 December 2020)