T  e67e22 small

Rasa Sayang is a 40 years old apartment block with 100 units. The developer has gone bankrupt more than 10 years ago. Some owners want to form the JMB (strata-title not out yet). There are no past records are available because the office of the developer caught fire and all documents were destroyed. The liquidator does not have a register with full list of owners. The best they have is a list of new owners who bought units after becoming liquidator.
How do owners prove they are legal owners? Is it stated in Act 757 that owners need to bring their S&P to prove ownership. If there is, I cannot find this.   

SHARE THIS TOPIC

E  e67e22 small

Since the strata title has yet to be issued, you may want to consider obtaining a copy of SPA from the legal firm which handled your sales and purchase transaction previously, or alternatively, try to obtain it from your financier.

T  e67e22 small

Thanks for your answer on getting a copy of the SPA from the legal firm or the financier.
On my second query, ' How do owners prove they are legal owners? Is it stated in Act 757 that owners need to bring their S&P to prove ownership. If there is, I cannot find this".